Veebs End User License Agreement
Terms of Service (“TOS”)
The Veebs App is managed by VBS Corp LLC (hereafter “VBS Corp” or “VBS”), 30 N Gould STE R Sheridan WY 82801 USA. Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
VBS and the User mutually acknowledge that the EULA is concluded between VBS and the User only, and not with Apple or Google. VBS, not Apple or Google, is solely responsible for the Application and the content thereof. Use of the Veebs App assumes that the User has accepted this entire EULA, including the Terms of Service. User agrees that user’s use of the Veebs app is considered acceptance of this entire EULA, and that User agrees that such acceptance is deemed to be as valid as the User’s handwritten signature.
The following terms have the definitions given:
- Application, or App: the Veebs Licensed Application, for any and all mobile or desktop operating systems, and all of its pages and screens.
- Database: the proprietary database of products, product types, companies, and related information about products and companies used in the App.
- Service: evaluation and recommendation services for food, beverage, grocery, pharmacy, household, cosmetic, pet and other products.
- Feature: the digital content or service that can be purchased or subscribed to through an in-app purchase in the App, corresponding to the “premium” version.
- Premium version: the version of the app that runs on the subscriber’s phone upon in-app purchase of the paid per-month subscription.
- Publisher: the artificial or natural person responsible for publishing the App and for its content, VBS Corp. LLC.
- Licensor: The Publisher or Apple or Google.
- User: the mobile device user using the App, either the Free/Limited-feature or Premium version of the App.
- Subscriber: refers to the mobile device user purchasing a premium version in the App.
- Store: refers to the online application downloading platform used by the Publisher to publish the App, and used by the User to download the App, namely the Google Play Store and Apple Store.
- V Score: refers to the overall 1-100 score obtained by applying the evaluation method developed by the Publisher.
- Alignment Rating: refers to the word-based description of a company’s V Score using a tiered Scale.
Scope of License
Licensor grants User a non-transferable license to use the Application on any Apple-branded or Google-branded products that you own or control and as permitted by the Usage Rules. The terms of this Standard EULA will govern any content, materials, or services accessible from or purchased within the Application as well as upgrades provided by Licensor that replace or supplement the original Application, unless such upgrade is accompanied by a Custom EULA. Except as provided in the Terms of Service, User may not distribute or make the Application available over a network where it could be used by multiple devices at the same time. User may not transfer, redistribute or sublicense the Application and, if you sell your Apple Device or Google Device to a third party, you must remove the Application from the Apple Device or Google Device before doing so. You may not copy (except as permitted by this license and the Terms of Service), reverse-engineer, disassemble, attempt to derive the source code of, modify, or create derivative works of the Application, any updates, or any part thereof (except as and only to the extent that any foregoing restriction is prohibited by applicable law or to the extent as may be permitted by the licensing terms governing use of any open-sourced components included with the Application).
The main purpose of the App is to provide consumers with information about the makers of the products and services consumers buy. This information can include the nature and type of product being barcode-scanned or searched within the app, related or similar branded product information according to the Database, the beneficial owner or parent company of the branded product, and the proprietary V Score and Alignment Rating of companies as determined by VBS Corp at its sole opinion, decision, and discretion.
Plain Language Acceptance
All users and subscribers must accept, as a bedrock principle of the Terms of Service, that any and all product evaluations, company evaluations, V Scores, Alignment Ratings, and product recommendations should be considered entirely opinion based, and are the opinions of VBS Corp.
All users can be users or subscribers of the app at any time, and of their own free will. All users and subscribers control their own purchasing decisions. All users and subscribers can choose to consider, or choose to ignore, Veebs opinion-based V Scores and Ratings. Free will.
Consent to Use of Data
User agrees that Licensor may collect and use technical data and related information—including but not limited to technical information about your geographical location, your device, system and application software, and peripherals—that is gathered periodically to facilitate the provision of software updates, product support, and other services to you (if any) related to the Application. Licensor may use this information, as long as it is in a form that does not personally identify you, to improve its products or to provide services or technologies to you.
The Application may enable access to Licensor’s and/or third-party services and websites (collectively and individually, “External Services”). User agrees to use the External Services at your sole risk. Licensor is not responsible for examining or evaluating the content or accuracy of any third-party External Services, and shall not be liable for any such third-party External Services. Data displayed by any Licensed Application or External Service, including but not limited to financial, medical and location information, is for general informational purposes only and is not guaranteed by Licensor or its agents. User will not use the External Services in any manner that is inconsistent with the terms of this EULA or that infringes the intellectual property rights of Licensor or any third party. User agree not to use the External Services to harass, abuse, stalk, threaten or defame any person or entity, and that Licensor is not responsible for any such use. External Services may not be available in all languages or in your Home Country, and may not be appropriate or available for use in any particular location. To the extent you choose to use such External Services, you are solely responsible for compliance with any applicable laws. Licensor reserves the right to change, suspend, remove, disable or impose access restrictions or limits on any External Services at any time without notice or liability to you.
V Score scoring method
V Score scoring methodology used by the App is a complex calculation that takes into consideration, but is not limited to, the following factors:
- Publicly available documents or information filed by companies to foreign, federal, state, and/or local regulators or agencies
- Publicly available documents or information about companies, its employees, representatives or agents published by foreign, federal, state, local, and or other public/private companies, agencies, journalists, media or other organizations
- Publicly available documents published or distributed by companies themselves
- Publicly available statements, information, or communication posted on electronic or print communications or media platforms by the company, its employees, or its agents or representatives.
- Publicly available advertising campaigns or communications otherwise intended for public consumption or attention
- Linguistic annotated datasets, Translation algorithms, Sentiment analysis, and Indexing-based models.
- Formulaic and/or AI-driven computations, adjustments, and comparative calibrations.
- Subjective, objective, or otherwise opinion-based assessments of VBS Corp.
The V Score assigned by the App constitutes an opinion of VBS Corp. The terms used in the App’s Rating methodology apply only to the V Score under the scoring method developed by the Publisher, as shown in the App. These terms do not refer to the product or company itself or its intrinsic qualities.
The Alignment Ratings are correlated to V Score ranges, and are as follows:
- “Awful” (Dark Red) 1-19
- “Bad” (Light Red) 20-34
- “Poor” (Orange) 35-44
- “Low” (Yellow) 45-54
- “Fair” (Blue) 55-64
- “Good” (Light Green) 65-79
- “Great” (Dark Green) 80-100
Users or Subscribers are permitted to select between one (1) and three 3) Values Packs within the App, and order them in priority according to the User or Subscriber’s preference. V Scores will then be calculated as follows:
- 1 Value Pack selected (VP1): 1.0 * VP1 V Score
- 2 Values Packs selected (VP1, VP2): (0.67 * VP1 V Score) + (0.33 * VP2 V Score)
- 3 Values Packs selected (VP1, VP2, VP3): (0.57 * VP1 V Score) + (0.29 * VP2 V Score) + (0.14 * VP3 V Score)
The App offers users an in-app purchase of a Premium subscription version that includes the following Features:
- V Scores: Displays the proprietary V Score and Alignment Ratings for companies on multiple screens across the App including Scan, Search, History, and Lists
- Preferred Brand Filters: Allows the Subscriber to add and remove companies from their Buy or Don’t Buy lists. The App will use icons and colors to highlight products and brands that appear across the App that are owned by those companies on those Preferred Lists.
- Advanced Search: Allows the Subscriber to search the database of referenced products using keywords (product name, type, category, brand, brand owner, etc.), without needing to scan the product to search for it. Advanced Search also enables the Subscriber to cross-reference those keywords to discovery which brands are owned by which companies, and in what products and categories those brands and companies operate.
- Brand Substitutions: the App will display replacement suggestions of brands that may offer similar products to the one the Subscriber has scanned or searched.
Veebs does not guarantee that the Database and related product attributes (names, descriptions, categories, keywords, types, etc), final V Scores are reliable. The information provided by the App is made up of data, information, and opinions from a variety of sources, and any or all of it could be unreliable. The User and Subscribers must therefore always make their own assessments. The App’s features, V Scores, Ratings, or Replacement Suggestions are not advice of any kind. They are opinions of VBS Corp.
Account in the App
Creating an account
A User who creates an account in the App can access it by logging in using the details provided at the time they register and using systems such as third-party social media login buttons. The User is fully responsible for protecting their device, related passwords, and data provided to any application. The App’s Publisher may not be held liable for unauthorized access to the user’s account under any circumstance.
Suspending or deleting an account
The Publisher reserves the exclusive right to block access to the App or delete the account of any User who violates this EULA (particularly but not limited to when the member has knowingly provided incorrect information in the App) or any account that has been inactive for at least a year.
Said suspension or deletion shall not be considered damaging the excluded User or Subscriber, who may not claim any compensation for this act. This exclusion does not prevent the Publisher from taking legal action against the User if the facts justify the case.
Rights and obligations of the User
The Users and Subscribers agree:
- to only use the data relayed by the App for personal, non-commercial use;
- to not exploit the data, V Scores, Ratings, opinions, recommendations, and rankings offered by the App for their personal gain;
- to not make incorrect additions or changes to the composition of the products
- the Database, V Scores, Ratings, Recommendations, App designs, and graphics in or dismayed on the App (collectively, the “Content”), and the trademarks, service marks, and logos contained therein (collectively, the “Marks”) are owned by and are the sole property of VBS Corp.
- Users and Subscribers are prohibited from copying, reproducing, modifying, distributing, displaying, transmitting, collecting, scraping, downloading, or electronically ingesting any of the Content or Marks without the express prior written consent of VBS Corp.
- VBS and User acknowledge and agree that Apple, Google, Apple’s subsidiaries, and Google’s subsidiaries are third party beneficiaries of the EULA, and that, upon the User’s acceptance of the terms of the EULA, Apple and Google will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce the EULA against the User as a third party beneficiary thereof.
Each User and Subscriber is free to close their account on the App. To do so, the member must follow the deletion procedure in the App. If that fails, the User or Subscriber must send an e-mail to the Publisher indicating that they wish to delete their account.
Contributing product information
Users and Subscribers who have noticed missing or inaccurate information are invited to contribute correcting information to the App. The User may also report an error to the Publisher, which will then make its best efforts to update the Database. The User or Subscriber has the ability to contribute to content accessible via the App by uploading data and photos about various consumer products. The contributing User or Subscriber agrees to provide true information when contributing and to follow the App rules. The contributing User or Subscriber waives their rights to the content of the contributions, in favor of the Publisher, for any distribution or use, even if commercial in nature. Contributing Users or Subscribers are informed that the Publisher may publish all or some of the contribution within the Database and or the App. The contributing User or Subscriber agrees to relay only information and photographs for which they own the intellectual property rights. The contributing User or Subscriber agrees to not add information and/or photographs from other sites, or otherwise illegal in any way. The information added by the contributing User or Subscriber should come directly from the product’s packaging or published by the product’s maker. Photographs added by the contributor must have been personally shot by the contributing User or Subscriber. Contributing Users or Subscribers who deliberately delete information and/or insert incorrect information will be prohibited from using the App or contributing to the service, and legal action may be taken against them.
The User or Subscribers alone is responsible for the content they publish. The User or Subscriber agrees to follow the laws and regulations in force, as well as the present conditions of use. The Publisher is not required to monitor the content published by the User or Subscriber.
Rights and obligations of the Publisher
Access to the App
The Publisher hereby informs you that the information entered into the App is hosted on the servers of an outside service provider to which the Publisher subcontracts its hosting. The Publisher may not be held liable for technical unavailability of the connection, regardless of whether this is due to an event of force majeure, maintenance, an update, a change, an intervention by the hosting company, an internal or external strike, a network failure, an electrical power outage, or misconfigured settings or misuse of the User’s device. The User acknowledges that they are familiar with the limitations and constraints specific to the Internet, and as such recognizes that it is impossible to fully guarantee that data exchanges are secure. The Publisher may not be held liable for damages resulting from the App, such as lost data, intrusion, virus, service breakdowns, or otherwise. Total or partial inability to use the App and the Features, particularly owing to hardware incompatibility may not give rise to any compensation, indemnification, or holding the Publisher liable, except in the event of a proven hidden defect, non-compliance, or malfunction. If a purchase made in the App is not provided, the User or Subscribers has up to three months (from the date of purchase) to object. Once that period has passed, no complaint will be accepted.
Maintenance and Support
User acknowledges and accepts that Apple or Google have no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the Application. VBS is solely responsible for providing maintenance and support services with respect to the Application, or as required under applicable law.
The Publisher may not in any event be held liable:
- for any direct or indirect damages, particularly with regard to lost profits, lost income, lost clients, or lost data that may, inter alia, result from the use of the App, or the inability to use it;
- for a User device malfunction, downtime, misuse, or improperly configured settings, or for the use of an uncommon or obsolete device by the User;
- for the content of links or outside sources accessible by the User from the App;
- for the content of the information related to the analysis of the products, companies, or retailers, and the evaluations, analyses, recommendations, or opinions related to them.
The User or Subscriber recognizes that the Publisher may not be held liable for the provision of data about the analyzed products, and may not be held liable for their content. The User or Subscriber expressly agrees that it is using the App at its own risk and under its own responsibility alone. The App provides the User or Subscriber with information as an example. The Publisher does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or exhaustiveness of the information and data found in the App. The Database changes, particularly when products are added and/or edited by the User, Subscriber, and Publisher. The User or Subscribers alone is responsible for choosing or purchasing a Feature. The Publisher may not be held liable for errors in the Database, particularly with respect to information about product analysis. It is therefore up to the User or Subscriber to make their own assessment of all products and companies. The Publisher cannot guarantee the usefulness of the App’s information and recommendations. The App is not in any event a substitute for doing one’s own analysis, assessment, and critical thinking and decision making. The information and recommendations may contain errors and must not in any event be used for medical purposes. Hyperlinks relayed on the App may redirect to other applications or websites, and the Publisher of the App may not be held liable if the content of those applications and sites violate the law. Likewise, the Publisher may not be held liable if the use of those applications or sites by the user causes it any harm.
In the event of any failure of the Application to conform to any applicable warranty, the User may notify Apple or Google, and Apple or Google will refund the purchase price for the Application to that User; and that, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Apple or Google will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the Application, and any other claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses attributable to any failure to conform to any warranty will be directed at VBS Corp.
Intellectual property rights
The exclusive use of the Veebs brand, logos, software, analysis methods, recommendation methods, graphical elements, V Scores, Ratings, Replacement Suggestions, databases, and more generally, all Content and Marks offered by the App are reserved for the benefit of the Publisher, or potentially its partners. Any copying, reproducing, modifying, distributing, displaying, communicating, reproducing, representing, embedding, distributing, transmitting, collecting, scraping, downloading, or electronically ingesting any of the Content or Marks without the express prior written consent of VBS Corp. may face penalties and legal action under Federal and or State law.
User acknowledges that, in the event of any third party claim that the Application or the User’s possession and use of that Application infringes that third party’s intellectual property rights, VBS Corp., not Apple or Google, will be solely responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any such intellectual property infringement claim.
Any User or Subscriber who violates the protected items in this way may have their account deleted without prior notice or compensation, and without that deletion constituting damages, without prejudice to potential subsequent legal proceedings against them, at the initiative of the Publisher of the App or its agent.
By accepting the Terms of Service, User is representing and warranting that (i) he/she is not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country; and (ii) he/she is not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
This EULA is effective until terminated by User or Licensor. User’s rights under this EULA will terminate automatically if User fails to comply with any of its terms, at Licensor’s sole discretion.
This EULA is subject to United States law. The Publisher reserves the right to edit it at any time.
Any disputes that may arise in the performance of these terms and conditions shall be settled in a court of law.
If (a) you are not a U.S. citizen; (b) you do not reside in the U.S.; (c) you are not accessing the Service from the U.S.; and (d) you are a citizen of one of the countries identified below, you hereby agree that any dispute or claim arising from this Agreement shall be governed by the applicable law set forth below, without regard to any conflict of law provisions, and you hereby irrevocably submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the United States.
If you are a citizen of any European Union country or Switzerland, Norway or Iceland, the governing law and forum shall be the laws and courts of your usual place of residence.